Car & Bike The car thread ......

Well guys still looking for some more suggestions for a car that has a bit of height, is a compact SUV, and has good suspension , decent peppy engine and other usual bells in whistles..
Budget not more than 8 or may be lower ..
Have you test driven any car yet? According to your demands, only following cars fit the requirement -
XUV3OO W4 1.2L Petrol - 5 star GNCAP rating
Renault Kiger RXT 1L Petrol Turbo - 4 star ANCAP
Kia Sonet HTK 1.2 Petrol - No rating imo

Altroz XM Plus 1.5 Diesel - Though this is not a Compact SUV but imho is the best choice becoz of 5 Star GNCAP rating, capable 1.5 Diesel Engine, and decently feature packed variant.

..but armchair advice aside, you should test drive all the vehicles in your budget and then decide.

When I was purchasing my car, I was almost finalized on a Red with Black roof Brezza but one test drive in and I was horrified by the turbo lag and poor interior quality. Whereas I was all smiles while test driving Ecosport. So, these things are highly subjective and only a test drive can help make the right decision.

^
8 lakhs doesnt even get you the base level XUV300.

The one with "bells and whistles" as asked by #39, is easily gonna cross 10.

Well guys still looking for some more suggestions for a car that has a bit of height, is a compact SUV, and has good suspension , decent peppy engine and other usual bells in whistles..
Budget not more than 8 or may be lower ..

I know I am pushing very hard as this budget is way too tight .. but may be you folks know better than me ns would suggest something ... That's what I am hoping here [emoji2]
best thing would be to td every car in the range and then short list. do not take anyone’s opinion at face value. td it.

Looking for my first car as well. suggestions welcomed. my dad drives a 2016 swift currently. Im looking for my own first car. usage would be just weekend long drives. wouldnt be seeing much city use.

budget is 5-8 lakhs on road. open to second hand as well. looking at couple of renault dusters currently ( very dated design but I like it since it launched), will be buying it in next 3-4 months

^
8 lakhs doesnt even get you the base level XUV300.

The one with "bells and whistles" as asked by #39, is easily gonna cross 10.
Cardekho.com showed W4 petrol for ₹7.99L ex-showroom.

Also, if OP pushes for some discounts then OTR may as well turn out to be closer to 8L too.

Regarding bells and whistles, can't have evrything ig.

Cardekho.com showed W4 petrol for ₹7.99L ex-showroom.

Also, if OP pushes for some discounts then OTR may as well turn out to be closer to 8L too.

Regarding bells and whistles, can't have evrything ig.

Fair enough.

In #40 I asked him if it was 8 on-road, or not, and he didnt reply, so I assumed it was 8 on-road.

Fair enough.

In #40 I asked him if it was 8 on-road, or not, and he didnt reply, so I assumed it was 8 on-road.
Sorry for not replying earlier .
Tbh I would be very happy with 8 OR ,
I am also waiting and watching the upcoming launches , as well as this thread .

In the mean time today or tomorrow gonna get all four tures if my ritz replaced , they have clocked 85k km and considering recent incidences of flat tyres I feel I should replace them ..... Any idea which is the cheap yet decent option considering I might dispose the car within a year at most .

Was thinking of ceat milaze which were 2750 a piece in March and now suddenly 3k a piece ...

Sorry for not replying earlier .
Tbh I would be very happy with 8 OR ,
I am also waiting and watching the upcoming launches , as well as this thread .

In the mean time today or tomorrow gonna get all four tures if my ritz replaced , they have clocked 85k km and considering recent incidences of flat tyres I feel I should replace them ..... Any idea which is the cheap yet decent option considering I might dispose the car within a year at most .

Was thinking of ceat milaze which were 2750 a piece in March and now suddenly 3k a piece ...

And your location is New Delhi. Which means you need a petrol car.

Petrol.
Compact SUV.
Decently loaded.
About 8 lakhs.

You have only two options. Nissan Magnite and the Renault Kiger. RXL Turbo/XL Turbo. They are both the same car underneath, so choose whichever one's looks/interiors you like more, and whichever has a better service centre.

The XUV300 base is 9 lakhs on road, and it doesnt even get a music system, and the next higher variant is 10-ish on road.

And yes, the govt's tyre ban on chinese tyres means that nowadays all the ola/uber drivers are forced to buy Ceats and JK tyres, which means more demand, which means higher prices.

And your location is New Delhi. Which means you need a petrol car.

Petrol.
Compact SUV.
Decently loaded.
About 8 lakhs.

You have only two options. Nissan Magnite and the Renault Kiger. RXL Turbo/XL Turbo. They are both the same car underneath, so choose whichever one's looks/interiors you like more, and whichever has a better service centre.

The XUV300 base is 9 lakhs on road, and it doesnt even get a music system, and the next higher variant is 10-ish on road.

And yes, the govt's tyre ban on chinese tyres means that nowadays all the ola/uber drivers are forced to buy Ceats and JK tyres, which means more demand, which means higher prices.
I am not gonna go for magnite and kieger

I am willing to digest a car with less native features , I might get them added later and also ia m fine adding another 1 or 2 L to the budget ...

I am not gonna go for magnite and kieger
Why not? They're good cars with proven safety (at least for the Magnite, though Kiger should theoretically also be the same under the skin).
But if you are ready to add a bit more budget, then the XUV300 would be an okay choice if you get the variant one above the bottom most one. But do keep in mind that it has a very small boot space, smaller than any other comparable car in the price range.

Well magnite just won't cut it for me
After using a 1200cc engine I can't drive a 999cc one however turbo charged it may be ..
After sales is a huge issue for me as far as cars are concerned , it's a well known fact that Nissan's network is in a very preliminary stage in this regard.

Hence I am keeping my options open....

Btw got all 4 tyres replaced today with ceat milaze @ 3k a piece .

Huge change in driving lol

Are there no automobile enthusiasts here .
Any nexon, sonet, venue owners ???
What's your experience ???

Banged my head while trying to enter into nexon. Once inside gap between head and roof is few inches. I am 170 cms tall. Not much

Sonet gives you a cramped feeling. All these are compact suv . Built for slim and trim ppl.

Sonet felt pretty low in quality once you start looking for it, and is very cramped. Venue felt slightly more upmarket, but was just as cramped. Plus looks hideous to me from outside. Both of them are glorified hatchbacks, even more so than the likes of Ecosport and Brezza and Nexon. Nexon still felt quite nice, and didn't bang my head entering it even though I'm nearly 180cm, but I agree with @chetansha that rear head room is basically non-existent if you are above average height.
At the end of the day it's your choice. I think people have recommended Kiger and Magnite here, I would still suggest you to test-drive them, and if you do end up liking them, you can go for their 5 year warranty and service package for (at least some) peace of mind. Won't be a Maruti in after-sales, but the product is much better (and proven too by now)

Friend has top of the line nexon amt. Im 184cms and I didnt hit my head while driving nor it was cramped in the back seat. did almost 1000kms roadtrip in it. but the worst is the mileage. dont know if its his vehicle problem or widespread issue but hes getting just 8~10kms/liter mileage

my jiju has nexon manual petrol and its giving decent 14~15kms/liter mileage.

Friend has top of the line nexon amt. Im 184cms and I didnt hit my head while driving nor it was cramped in the back seat. did almost 1000kms roadtrip in it. but the worst is the mileage. dont know if its his vehicle problem or widespread issue but hes getting just 8~10kms/liter mileage

my jiju has nexon manual petrol and its giving decent 14~15kms/liter mileage.
Well a 1.2 L engine properly maintained and with MT generally gives around 12 with AC in cities like Delhi and around 14 or so without ac.

I seldom go pout of Delhi so never measured the average on highway .

My Ritz gives this much.

Is that in city or on highway? If city, thats pretty good.

I am getting 14kmpl in city and 21-22 on highway with a diesel ecosport.
Okay, so I got engine oil changed 3 days back (60k service) and the mileage in city has increased to 16kmpl. Yet to drive the car on highway.

Last edited:
Back