The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

Found a bug! Already! My breathing light has been kept off. But sometimes the breathing light comes on on its own accord after i lock the phone. Strange. Why cant nokia ever get anything right? Such a basic thing?

frankmehta said:
I haven't had any major problems except for the fact that my opera mini keeps shutting down. Very annoying.

reinstalled opera ?? try that...

a quick question....i found the update on my wifi network....do i need to take some backup before i do the update or just go ahead without any backup and let it do over the air ?

No backup needed as FOTA just upgrades your FW keeping ur settings and contacts etc untouched. Still, wiser to take a backup though to be on the safe side.

PhOeNiX said:
No backup needed as FOTA just upgrades your FW keeping ur settings and contacts etc untouched. Still, wiser to take a backup though to be on the safe side.

im in 2 miinds to do it or not....doesnt seem a big upgrade neways......currently i have to live with a white theme cause of the line issue....if i keep a white wallpaper or a white theme the screen line problem doesn't occur....frank any improvements in the camera quality ?

Edit : Updated to V21 :)

Sudhir thanks! :)

I just want all these updates to be coming.. At least I feel that Nokia is taking this mobile to be serious stuff :eek:hyeah:

Good work NOKIA!!

Any new games and other stuff got out?? Too lazy to search for myself :D

I wanted to update my FW...But when I was trying to connect to my wifi connection, it showed "connection failed"...I was accessing my wifi connection after a few days...Then I rebooted my phone..It was not starting, so I removed my memory card n hard reseted it..Thank god I had my backup...Then again I tried to connect..same error again...:(...What to do guys..?I am having v20 currently..

My PSP is connecting properly to the wifi connection..So its not a problem with my router...

188007 said:
I wanted to update my FW...But when I was trying to connect to my wifi connection, it showed "connection failed"...I was accessing my wifi connection after a few days...Then I rebooted my phone..It was not starting, so I removed my memory card n hard reseted it..Thank god I had my backup...Then again I tried to connect..same error again...:(...What to do guys..?I am having v20 currently..
My PSP is connecting properly to the wifi connection..So its not a problem with my router...

Had the same prolem with mine it just refuses to update via wifi so finally had to update it through gprs. Don't seem to understand why

Also , re calibrate the screen after u upgrade the firmware, and use the stylus to do so .. i had problems with erratic touch behavior after updating, solved by re calibrating ..

guys i try to find updates by going thro settings -> phone etc...but it keeps sayin no new update found :( any idea why??!!!! Pls help..I am currently on 11.000.8 red.

suhayl said:
Had the same prolem with mine it just refuses to update via wifi so finally had to update it through gprs. Don't seem to understand why

The problem with mine is that I cant even browse..Means the Wi-Fi doesnt connects at all...

RamPagE said:
Check this deal out, will cost around Rs.150/-
DealExtreme: $2.99 Protective Leather Flip-Open Case for Nokia 5800 (Black)

I wanted to get rid of the stock cover, as it was scratching the gloss paint , wch bulges out, surrounding the screen. I noticed these scratches in the sun.
Two of my friends of also got these kinda scratches.

Isnt this a nice deal, no more sliding the phone, jus open use.

What say? guys

FYI... You get this locally too at the price ;)

It still works but it takes a long long time to update the latest content. For me it took 15 mins over Wi-Fi the last time I tried. It downloads around 8-10 MB of content.

Back