The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

maddy_in65

Adept
Jul 8, 2008
Pune
After upgrading to V31 i found that GPS is not working properly. It cant connect to satellites immediately. It takes 10 min to lock the signal and when i move i loose signal even i stand below open sky. GPS works like charm in the V30. Does anyone face the same problem.

PhotostarSR

Adept
May 8, 2006
Is there any other alternate to default Video Player which can play avi files???

Also when the hell will the newer firmware come to india?? I still get the 'No Updates' message..

rakeshinx

Disciple
Jan 14, 2009
it can play wmv videos also .. windows 7 has automatic convertor .. which asks to convert files when copying to the fone.. and they are smaller in size compared to the mp4 vidz

PhotostarSR

Adept
May 8, 2006
How?

How do you copy videos to ur phone? I copy directly to the memory card using My Computer..but i don't get any message asking whether to convert or not...

rakeshinx

Disciple
Jan 14, 2009
it asks when u connect the phone with the cable .. it will detect it automatically .. then when u try to copy the video .. it will ask and if u select tht option it will convert and paste .. but not recommended for big files ..as u need to keep the fone connected to the pc.. maybe u can use the settings .. of the converted file and use those with other wmv convertor..

ramdante

Skilled
Sep 9, 2008
This phone absoluetly rockz!!

Guys which is the best video conversion software for the 5800 for encoding @ its native reso??

AMDInfected

Disciple
Jul 23, 2009
Try ultra mobile 3gp video convertor, it has got the phones native resolution and it allows you to convert your video to mp4 superb quality + you can change the audio quality, the codec etc. This is the best convertor because i convert movies for watching the quality is super sharp and clear at full resolution.

@rakeshinx
It is not the convertor of win 7. It is of the pc suite which is installed.

ramdante

Skilled
Sep 9, 2008
hmm ultra converter was good..thx amd! but if theres anything better than this do suggest guys!

How many people here managed to hack ur fone with hello ox2?? and upgraded to v31!?

REY619

Disciple
Mar 7, 2008
ram_dante said:
hmm ultra converter was good..thx amd! but if theres anything better than this do suggest guys!

How many people here managed to hack ur fone with hello ox2?? and upgraded to v31!?

I hacked mine in ~60 seconds flat, using HelloOX2. No problems.

And for v31 its not available for me too yet. You have to change the product code of your phone to get it.

thetechmind

Skilled
Dec 13, 2006
REY619 said:
I hacked mine in ~60 seconds flat, using HelloOX2. No problems.
And for v31 its not available for me too yet. You have to change the product code of your phone to get it.

im assuming the main purpose of this is to install unsigned apps. any other advantages apart from the same ?

@ All : im still looking out for a no frills solution to video conversion. Earlier I was able to download youtube vids directly in .mp4 format and run them on the phone but now even though the vids from youtube are downloadable in mp4 format they dont seem to be running directly :mad:

ramdante

Skilled
Sep 9, 2008
Hmm ya i was abt to ask the same thing,wats really the use of hacking the fone with hello ox2,if its jus for installing unsigned apps then its really of no use..cuz once we get our app signing application and cert & key we can sign any app we want so helloox2 hack is almost useles..correct me if m wrong!

maddy_in65

Adept
Jul 8, 2008
Pune
ram_dante said:
Hmm ya i was abt to ask the same thing,wats really the use of hacking the fone with hello ox2,if its jus for installing unsigned apps then its really of no use..cuz once we get our app signing application and cert & key we can sign any app we want so helloox2 hack is almost useles..correct me if m wrong!

Hacking mobile is not only for installing unsigned apps, it will open the door to a lot of customization and modding. for example, please check the below cool theme effects on S60v5. This will be done only after hacking the mobile.

YouTube - Add Super Cool Transition Effects To The N97

ramdante

Skilled
Sep 9, 2008
Guys need help!

Music player on my phone doesnt open up..but when I remove the memory card n try,it opens up...and when i put back teh mem card on,and try to open a song thru file manager it playys perfect,but the whole list doesnt show up on the music library..

SO i restarted the phone again n tried the same thing happend,music player doesnt open again..

So wats the prob here..and shud i upload songs only thru nokia music sofwar??

maddy_in65

Adept
Jul 8, 2008
Pune
Have u refreshed music library through option and then refresh music library. This will detect all songs in mobile and shown in the playlist

lilboy

Adept
Sep 8, 2008
use suite ovi suite just drag and drop it automatically converts, quality options include small file, normal, better quality something like that.

can any body tell me what this ovi suite doing when there is already pcsuite...and there is nokia photos???