The Motorola Defy Thread

Himanshunegi198 said:
Hey guyz, you gotta help me with this now.

1)the earphone jack wont go in completely ? The voice is ok but still , looks awkward . Is this common ?
2)Phone wont go in USB mass storage mode 8 out 10 times.
3)The back panel looks not tight, from the lock side, is this common also ?
4)is it possible to re install same android (without rooting or modding anything) like reinstall same f/w in nokia phones

1 more problem. My phone is mostly on wifi, but i got GPRS activated on it also , since i was using AVG and it would help me track my phone when i dont hav wifi connection. Now the things is that , other apps keeps on using this GPRS when wifi is not enabled, i just notice , i have lost around Rs.45 from mobile balance and data usage in phone has gone up also. Kindly help and let me know if there is a way i can stop all widgets/emails/apps except AVG(so that it can track my phone) from using GPRS.
For now i had to make a fake APN(acess point name).

thank you

1) the earphone jack wont go in completely ? Common
2) Which rom are you using
3) Dont know what you meant, but mine is waterproof tight
4) Yes. Take Nandroid backup. Search more on how to...

There are many apps for tracking phone. I use theft aware and it works pretty well.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

rishabh.asthana said:
Hi can someone please direct me on how to restore Defy to its original ROM. I think i will need to send it to service center for its restarting problems. Please help

SBF file for india is available in XDA. Download it.
Boot in bootloader mode. Use rsa lite tool.
Install the SBF.

Alternate option:

Factory reset your phone.

Best option:

Factory reset. goto the first post. follow the guide and install CM7 or MIUI. Enjoy.

sunny27 said:

Yes, been using it. Its pretty decent. Faster than the original MIUI.

rishabh.asthana said:
Hi can someone please direct me on how to restore Defy to its original ROM. I think i will need to send it to service center for its restarting problems. Please help

Just flash the Indian full sbf using rsd lite. The link can be found in the OP.

sg3707 said:
1) the earphone jack wont go in completely ? Common
2) Which rom are you using
3) Dont know what you meant, but mine is waterproof tight
4) Yes. Take Nandroid backup. Search more on how to...

There are many apps for tracking phone. I use theft aware and it works pretty well.

SBF file for india is available in XDA. Download it.

• Am on stock froyo 2.2.2 ( sorry if my answers seems stupid. Just got it. new to android.) I installed winamp and in settings selected to auto USB Mass Storage when USB plugged in. now it is working. Not otherwise.
  • Can you please guide me to that SBF file for india. please
thank you.

SBF file for india

[SBF] OFFICIAL RE-RELEASE | Android Froyo 2.2.2 SOUTH EAST ASIA + INDIA [RE-RELEASE!] - xda-developers

Did the water test. Submerged it in a bowl when it was off. Picked it up, wiped it clean with cloth. Opened the back panel. Saw very small water droplets on

1)flash

2)lock mechanism at the bottom

But no water on/under battery and the phone is working fine. But the speaker seems a little distorted. May be its just me.

Does this mean my back panel is properly installed

How to restore a nandroid backup ?

I have done my nandroid backup on my 2GB card that comes with defy

than I changed my card to a 16GB class 4

I copied all data from my old card to this new one and restarted my phone

now I am not able to see my old nandroid backup from ROM manager or even in recovery mode

Do I have to format my new card in any certain format ?

Hey guys..!

I have a defy.

Bought a couple of days back.

I installed an app Lock 2.0 yesterday.

Last night the battery got drained and so when i switched on the phone today,

i cant go past the login screen.

it keeps displaying "Slide to Unlock"

When i slide,nothing happens.

I also tried opening the home screen but an error message appears and say that the app has encountered an error and needs to be forced 2 close.

I click "Force close" ,and i m back to that login screen ,and nothing happens still....

Please help :(

so finally restored the phone and flashed it using India specific official SBF and then too the restart and network problem was there. finally gave up and gave the phone to service center guys :(

anything on this ????

warewolf4586 said:
How to restore a nandroid backup ?

I have done my nandroid backup on my 2GB card that comes with defy

than I changed my card to a 16GB class 4

I copied all data from my old card to this new one and restarted my phone

now I am not able to see my old nandroid backup from ROM manager or even in recovery mode

Do I have to format my new card in any certain format ?

Hey..need a quick help on my query..i have preinstalled 2.2.2 out of box (india)..can I flash cm7 directly or do I have to flash that nordic version first?

Bondx99
You can install cm7 directly over the Indian froyo. Just take a nand backup.

Guys
I am facing a rather unique problem with my 2nd defy just 4 days old. The thing is when I am talking on phone with someone I can hear my own voice what I am speaking through the earpiece. Let me make it clear that it is not an echo problem. It is almost instantaneous. And it is very disconcerting talking to anyone. I have tried different service provider. Also I have this problem on both stock froyo and cm7 rc1. Any solution or anyone facing similar problem?

Hey

I need to make a full nand back up. Its just been 3 days and am a noob. Someone please guide me for creating a complete nand back up. Am sooo confused.

All i have done so far is that i have rooted the phone.

Can someone please tell me what to do step by step.

Thank you

aka911 said:
Bondx99

You can install cm7 directly over the Indian froyo. Just take a nand backup.
How do i take that buddy? n do i install cm7.1 RC0 or cm7.1 RC1??

one more question how to switch on usb debugging?..itz not showing in my phone in the notification bar when i connect...:(

bondx99 said:
How do i take that buddy? n do i install cm7.1 RC0 or cm7.1 RC1??

one more question how to switch on usb debugging?..itz not showing in my phone in the notification bar when i connect...:(

You will find USB debugging in Settings ---> Applications ---> Development.

Hi Killmastern3

i have rooted my defy using superoneclick... I have rooted it on the stock froyo which came out of the box with the phone... Now my question is should i install CM7 first or should i directly install WajkUI rom? :)

Hades. said:
Hi Killmastern3

i have rooted my defy using superoneclick... I have rooted it on the stock froyo which came out of the box with the phone... Now my question is should i install CM7 first or should i directly install WajkUI rom? :)

Why not try both??? :) CM7 is blazing fast but MIUI (WIUI is a mod of MIUI) is not that fast. MIUI has an amazing theming agent where is the one in CM7 is not great. If you are looking to make your LOckscreen and homescreen look AMAZING, try WIUI. You want performance, go to CM7. Take a look at all these amazing Lockscreens for MIUI.

Install one, use it for a couple of days, Wipe data and cache and try the other. Its the best bet.

NDragger said:
proper guide to flash MotoGinger would be appreciated :)

1. Start with Froyo(any). Download the rom, unzip it and put it in sd card ---> clockworkmod---> backup. Create both the folders if it isn't there.
2. Download Defy 2nd init from Market. You need to have the latest version, hence install from market.
3. Once installed, you will directly go to the secondary bootmenu. Here, wipe cache and data. No need to set default boot and such that you do for cm7
4. Go to Backup and Restor --- > Advanced Restore --- >System (you will have 3 or 4 options uch as boot etc. Select the file you have downloaded and select YES. This will restore the system files.
5. Reboot. Immediately press Vol+ to go to the Bootmenu. Here flash the fixed sbf(it will be in the downloaded zip. the zip will contain fixed sbf and the nand backup) using RSD lite. This is just like installing froyo.
6. Now go to stock recovery (Power + Vol-) and wipe cache and data. Reboot and enjoy. :)

PS: Any clarifications please ask.

Back