The Nokia 5230 / 5233 Thread

I am facing this issue in my 5230 as in i am not able to take backup using the inbuilt backup utility (file manager -> backup). When is start my backup it says, memory full..close some application and try again.

Now i have about 45 MB of free RAM and nothing is running in background except ram blow and tsunami HS and hence i feel there are no memory issues.

It also additionally says

Unable to perform operation, other operation in progress, try again later :S

raksrules said:
I am facing this issue in my 5230 as in i am not able to take backup using the inbuilt backup utility (file manager -> backup). When is start my backup it says, memory full..close some application and try again.

Now i have about 45 MB of free RAM and nothing is running in background except ram blow and tsunami HS and hence i feel there are no memory issues.

It also additionally says

Unable to perform operation, other operation in progress, try again later :S
Even I am having the same problem. Tries with every application closed and changing the orange hs but still the same error.

I have done this backup some time back but not sure why it is not working now.

Btw my phone is connecting back to my laptop in PC suite mode. Not sure why it behaves in such way intermittently. :S

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Guys suggest some good apps for our 5233/5230 phones which you all may be using

Upgraded my 5233 to 21.1.004. As said, Nokia maps has been removed and Shazam has been added. Shazam seems like a buggy and unfinished app.

Other than that, kinetic scroll has been added to the menus. Didn't find any other changes. Also, dunno if it's just me, but overall the phone feels minutely faster.

viralbug said:
Upgraded my 5233 to 21.1.004. As said, Nokia maps has been removed and Shazam has been added. Shazam seems like a buggy and unfinished app.

Other than that, kinetic scroll has been added to the menus. Didn't find any other changes. Also, dunno if it's just me, but overall the phone feels minutely faster.

Hmm.....mine's isnt showing any new updates on the Nokia Updater.

^ 5230 already had a v20 update right? :p

manu1991 said:
Maybe its only OTA for now ? viralbug , how did you update ?

Yup, I updated through OTA as well.

TheNightwing said:
Hmm.....mine's isnt showing any new updates on the Nokia Updater.

Nokia Software Updater is weird and doesn't show an update many times. Keep trying for a few days, it will show up soon. Or just update it OTA. Only 7.45mb.

Guys, Is there any way to test SIS files on Computer using kind of Emulator before transferring them to mobile ?

Looking for SIS File Emulator..

Just updated my phone Nokia maps is gone, have to check, whether Google maps is working properly. The phone seems to be faster, maybe because of kinetic scrolling. Will update about Google maps hope its working.

UPDATE : Google maps is working fine. I updated my phone using my PC also the update size on PC was 108mb, whereas OTA was 7.5mb.

viralbug said:
^ 5230 already had a v20 update right? :p

Yeah that is correct but i meant any update...just add something cool and give :p

I hope Nokia gives the Unlimited music download thing that it is giving with news phones to old customers like 5800, 5230 and 5233. But not sure even if they actually do that will it be applicable for non-expressmusic phones like 5230/5233.

I have started using this backup software called Rseven and find it really good. It is able to backup all my data to their online server. I am running my updates almost daily and it does use GPRS connection for uploading the data. It automatically recognizes only new entries and does not pick up old ones. I update my call logs, SMSes (saved more than 1400 SMSes), contacts, calendar entries, videos, images.

Free account provides like 50MB of space which is guess is more than enough if you not intend to upload images and videos too much.

PS: It sort of first collects/indexes the data before starting upload / archive. For SMSes there is a limitation that it at a time only selects 300 SMS messages. But after those are uploaded you can rescan for remaining messages.

Back