The Nokia 5230 / 5233 Thread

Harpy.eagle said:
@ raksrules, does garmin navigating software has lane assist feature on ur mobile? I was browsing their site and their GPS devices have it. Its amazing how much detail info they can provide...
Lane assist ?? :S

Can you tell me what it is so i can test and let u know if it is available.

I bought a Rs 30 black coloured velvet cover from outside Andheri station and it is just awesome to protect my phone (from dust and all, not drops :p)

Ok so my Ovi store app has started working again. I use Docomo and it has 2 access points. One is Docomo Internet and the other is Dive In. I normally use the Internet access point and everything use to work fine with that. Dunno why all of a sudden it doesn't and now I have to use Dive In for Ovi store app. :S

^^Its not working for me at all. Say "Some error" and didn't load the apps and lists in the OVI store. Even the Facebook and other apps showing proble in loading while Opera works file. I get error like Packet data not available blah blah.

Edit : Docomo user :p Dive In will deduct money from you balance even if you have Internet pack loaded. :(

^ My balance doesn't get deducted. Dive In also uses the MB's from internet pack. AFAIK, it should use your internet pack data only since both area GPRS and Docomo says the internet packs are for GPRS.

In ovi maps is there any way to know what all country maps i hav loaded on my phone ? I currenty have loaded 2 maps on my phone, India and one more, but how do i verify that other map is loaded ?

@raksrules

Bro, Go out, lock the gps...

Press - sign on map until you see it, GPS should automatically lock out in Indian city.

Go abroad & try again, You will get map of that city :)

Any one has got full 120mb of maps installed ? If so please post here. The one I get from the link in previous post were only few and doesnt even show many places. Has maps of limited areas. :( Updating via OVI is no go.

@dark star i had the same problem before!,just do a hard rest,back up your data then try with ovi suite.

This worked flawlessly,and the 120mb of maps got installed no problem..

@everyone,

It takes a really long time for me to get a gps lock,even when i am outside under clear sky..is there any way to rectify this

^^Hard reset does exactly what ? I mean I will lost my contacts and what else ? Will do a backup before that :p

*#7370# for hard reset or *#7780# ?

@Srirama
I too hav same issue. I have only integrated gps option selected and it takes a hell lot of time to get a lock. Infact sometimes even after 15 min i dont get anything...only searching for position. :mad:
But if i also select the assisted gps it is faster.

yeah me too now i am left with no option but to use assisted gps...

Incidentally i updated ovi maps to 3.4 this is in turn gobbled up 15 mb on phone memory...

Im again down to 42 mb now :(

^^ That is what...i want to ensure that without any sort of positioning server connection or any network it should work fine. Assuming tomorrow i go abroad and dont have a mobile connection activated, how are we supposed to efficiently use the GPS functionality ? :S

Also i have seen that the GPS uses the phone's network (not GPRS) too, i put my phone in offline mode and it said that phone's network will not be used still it did locate my location.

Back