Another One Bites The Dust ......

Ankita, you dont have to be so formal, just hold on for a few hours - i am sure our Mumbai TE Members would extend you all the help required. Nothing to worry.

Edit : As XT said just wait for Bikey's reply.

Went to see quad today morning...
Entered his room and for a sec i could not recognise him.!!!
he had swelling on the right side of his face and a massive bruise 1 cm away from his right eye. (Thank God he does not have any permanent damage to his eye and in 4 ~5 days i hope the swelling subsides)

He also had massive bruises on his right shoulder (suspected hairline crack there) .....and some near his hips.

I do not want to go below the waist ....:bleh:

He might be in pain for a week or so but i guess he should be fit within a few weeks and will be able to give his forthcoming exams.

BTW we had taken some pics of him.while returning we decided not to post it here but we did decide that we will keep it for future use ...meaning if ever does not follow his sister's / parent's advice we can turn that pics into his avtar here ;) ...which he would not be able to change BTW :no: .... j/k

Pure, Unadulterated, BlackMail anyone ?? :D

ps: seeing his current state "inspired" me to start using a helmet while driving my car too.:huh:

hey ankita you can buy original agv helmts from funky`s @bandra

shop no. 4 "glamourglen",

100 Dr. Ambedkar Rd. Bandra (w)

Mumbai 400 050

phone - 2648 5043

he`s got loads approx would be 1800-2000 ..

at bandra - ask for pali hill and ask for state bank of india.. its near the bank. :) have fun

My god.

Im sure it looks worse than it sounds. Im like WTH, all the time currently.

One more reason never to get a stupid Bike.

Cars 4tw!

Once again Quaddy, Get well soon!

@aditya... chill bro...happens man.with almost every biker..

and its not worth buying a car for everyone.. too much of a petrol guzzler!

plus now he`s experienced a crash.. a bad one at that... trust me he`d be very careful next time onwards.. kinda like me.. i havent even come close to hitting a pedestrian or even being hit by a car since my accident ;) .. lol

@deejay..errr i think i can blackmail him in to giving me his card what say?? :bleh: . now wouldnt that be total fun!!!! :bleh::bleh::bleh:

Yeah Ankita,
My pal- Chikita, oops, Rooster, i mean ChicMagnet is spot on!!:p

Funky's at Bandra is the place to get it!!:)
And was recommended coz he stocked lots of variety- i mean colours and decals!!:)

But there are some places in your part of town that stock AGV and cheaper maybe!!:cool2:

And if you can hold on for a day or two, then i shall get the present rates!!:cool2:

The AGV graphics series used to be 1800/- about a year back!!

It should be less expensive than that now, hopefully!!

And as i pakaoed Quad yesterday till he literally 'Ran' away for dinner:p , its preferable to get a light coloured one or one with loads of bright stickers!!:cool2:

ya i agree with frankenstein over here....

but you can also get something with contrast....orange /blue and black/yellow shines the most at night...... prefreable...

i think its stilll the same cost for the agv series.. one of the helmets i had inquired when i had gone in march .. i was told 1800...

also buy him a pair of good gloves... and a jacket ;)

mean biker boy!! :bleh:

However, A point which both Deejay and Chic_Magnet forgot to mention here is...we have impounded his comp so that he can concentrate on a fast recovery and studies.

Hey thanks everyone 4 ur replies I think i'll buy one from funky's .
Initially I was unknown bout the rates my buget was 3000/- but 1800/- is such a cool price .Thanks 4 ur colour suggestions but as i said B4 most of his
stuff is selected by me, he will love whatever i select 4 him.
And thanx DEEJAY,XTERMINATOR and CHIC-MAGNET 4 takin his stuff 4 repairs , he is not so sure when his wounds r gonna heel but he is so sure that his comp is definetly gonna heel .Now atleast he has that satisfaction
lyin on that bed :) .[As he thinks bout it round the clock] .
THANKS AGAIN......................ANKITA.:)

Hey Ankita,
i forgot to mention one important thing!!:(

Its nice that you will be picking up helmet for him!!:)

But i have one simple request!!:cool2:

Helmets come in various sizes- though in India- Dealers usually stock a few, mostly only one size!!
Ideally they should have every size in the same colour+graphics combination or should allow one to ascertain size needed and order it in the colour/graphics of choice!!
Most dealers in India do not even have the product range catalogue!!:mad:

But Funky's may have various sizes- he had when my friend had bought his!!:)

I would like to request Quad to personally go to pick up a suitable size and you can go along to choose the colour/stle/graphics!!
I don't think he's gonna be riding till his exams are over and that leaves him enough time to recover and then get a good lid for himself!!:cool2:

That kinda limits the variety as you may like the loose fitting one more than the one that fits better- but when it comes to safety- i think functionality is more important than form/looks!!:cool2:

And he may call me to reconfirm the requirements/tests for a proper 'FIT'!!
I would be more than glad to help anyone out in this matter!!:hap2:

Hey quady not to worry dude....
Also i very sweet neighbour ( girl ) of mine had a bad bout of jaundice... So maybe u two can yahoo ( messenger ) your way to recovery ... :rofl:

Wish u speedy recovery mate... overclock your recovery to 3.2GHz all the way...and as much as we know u 3.2 should not be a problem :)

@Ankita : Get the biggest. Size 62 to be precise.

For a month, it'll be a very tight fit. dealer gave me a sweat cap, wearing that it was REALLY hard for me to put my hemlet on....after a month, snug fit.

SunnyBoi said:
@Ankita : Get the biggest. Size 62 to be precise.

For a month, it'll be a very tight fit. dealer gave me a sweat cap, wearing that it was REALLY hard for me to put my hemlet on....after a month, snug fit.

:S Everyone doesn't have the same skull size!!

I know that you are into bikes and biking in a major way but you sure on this??:(

well my helmet is pretty tight for others but its snuggly for me.. i guess cause i`m used to it... :bleh:
also important is that the helmet doesnt wobble with or without chip straps. get one with good cushioning inside..which is not a problem with agv.

Back