Graphic Cards GPU pricing trends

Last edited:
In all honesty, gamers could end this crisis or at least make a really hard time for miners. If majority of gamers decide to start mining (not for profits but to **** over the miners/scalpers) even with a single GPU they got they could cut the profits by a large margin. The network will have an increased hashrate thus increasing difficulty of the network and reducing mining rewards very significantly (which are already low). I can bet it would come very near electricity costs and large scale miners would be not making profits.

Technically gamers with GPUs having greater than 4GB of VRAM can end this within a few months if all start mining at the same time or even regularly for greater than 12+ hrs a day. But realistically not possible to gather such a crowd with that dedication.

Better wait it out :( . Get in the rptech queue if you haven't already.
You mean this..
meme.jpg

Already registered.. will take ayear I think.

Guess What.. It's available.. But at what cost. 10K Extra for Extra 2GB and 3% more FPS..
:confused:

o_O

Guess What.. It's available.. But at what cost. 10K Extra for Extra 2GB and 3% more FPS..
:confused:

o_O
Lul it’s better to get the 3080ti then

Somebody should invent a software which will disable only the MINERS GPU's. How is this like? Then miners will stop mining and GPU prices will come down.
In india the situation is different. We do have miners and they buy in lots. But, our retailers/distributors are choking the supply in the name of supply crunch and trying to milk the situation. unless the whole distribution channel moves to Amazon/flipkart there is really no scope of improvement...Miners have already started looking for alternate coins once the eth goes away.

In india the situation is different. We do have miners and they buy in lots. But, our retailers/distributors are choking the supply in the name of supply crunch and trying to milk the situation. unless the whole distribution channel moves to Amazon/flipkart there is really no scope of improvement...Miners have already started looking for alternate coins once the eth goes away.
Wo bhai, hamesha se aisa hai. Simple examples are - Onion Prices/Tomato prices. I remember during lockdown I have purchased Onion @ 300 rupees per KB / Tomatoes, not long back I bought for 100 rupees per kg. Hoarding is one thing which is very common in India. It is also known as Kala bazaari or Black Marketing.

For GPUs, distributors are not choking the supply chain. I dont think that Nvidia will allow intentional choking by retailers, especially given that there are multiple brands and each brand has multiple distributors.
Here is a screenshot of microcenter NY. The crunch is everywhere.

1642230802089.png

GPU pricing and some components is haywire again as they have got new reason to raise prices - staff shortages and lockdowns cum restrictions in few big cities affecting shipping and availability.
2-3months again we are only going to see the slang of "shortage" by YT videos and retailers lol.
2nd half of the year should be better May-June onwards.

Back