The Nokia 5230 / 5233 Thread

raksrules said:
The zagg shield is expensive, but gadgetshieldz seems fine but not sure why they have the following mentioned there.

Btw how is this gadgetshieldz, planning to order it.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Can anyone tell me where do i enter the coupon code PPCSG15 for 15% discount ? I am not able to find it :S
They have removed the option to enter coupon code .I order a shield for Wave last week couldn find any place enter ,mailed them and asked as to why their reply was we have disabled coupon codes as fo now as we have noticed that people are using codes from the internet.

^^ So i guess no coupon code as of now, have to order for 7$

Have ordered it. Lets see when i comes ?

How does it come ? Courier ? And what are the timelines ?

Not sure if anyone tried but there are vendors in trains in Mumbai selling scratch guards for Rs. 5/Rs. 10 :p

Ok so i have ordered gadgetshieldz and i was surprised to find in the email i got that it has a India address :O

This is what it has. Never knew it is an Indian company.

130 Mint Street, 3rd Floor

Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600079

India

then what is the flaw in 5230's design,which gives it lesser battery life,compared to my friend who has a 5800,listens to 2hrs of music a day,1 hr web browsing via WLAN,100 smses a day,and few calls ranging upto 30 mins.

and gets 3 days battery backup,while I would get utmost 2 days.

My usage is nearly less than 1/2 half of that.

Thats the reason they stopped their production.
My sis has the same phone and it needs recharging every two days though she does some occasional surfing and half hour talk max.
And she does not hears to music that regularly.
When on standby the battery lasts for about 3-4 days.

janitha said:
Is 5230 no longer being produced?
I think so.
The ads have stopped and also only a few stores have them. Probably they are clearing their stocks too.
The phone is replaced by nokia 5235 i think.

Just a rant.....the display outside of this phone is totally useless and i cannot see anything on the phone screen.

My friend yesterday showed me his blackberry and proudly flaunted the display in bright sunlight. No difference at all, super viewing on that.

5230 sucks in that aspect :mad::mad::mad:

Back