BSNL 3G Thread

sg3707 said:
Dealing with BSNL is P.I.A. if things work the first time it is fine else we have to go post to post.

Since I did not have aunties number I went to the opice in person...

After 20 mins the CSC aunty who gave me sim responded and she took my number to check. After another 20 mins she gave me a new number and told me my mobile number got changed. WTF:mad::mad::huh: The reason was as usual some technical issue...

She said this new number will be activated within 1 or 2 hours.

After 1 Hr the BSNL uncle who was doing the recharge said his sim got corrupted and he is unable to do recharge. When I asked him how do I know if my sim is activated or not he said if you get 3g symbol on ur mobile then it is activated :( . That symbol was there since yesterday.

So after wasting around 2 hours I am unable to find if the sim is at least activated or not.
duhh??
couldnt you have just called the number to see if its ringing?

babhishek said:
duhh??

couldnt you have just called the number to see if its ringing?

Dude they changed my ph number even without intimating. Later I didn't know whether they did the activation correctly the second time because I got the same message "Account is invalid".
@Supra. Without FRC Tried it with "bsnlnet" as Access Point Name but it's not working

Unable to connect.

Check connection settings.

dude

calm down

go slow

u bought a sim, they had issues and changed the sim/number. thats done understood.

your sim currently is activated if you can call it - whatever be the 10 digit number.

now, what do u want to do?

did you recharge the sim, what amount?

what does *123# give you in the data section?

answer these and we could help

The 7 days UL is working fine in Cochin and Chennai. Two of my friends got it today. :)

Also the CSC and Customer Care in Chennai confirmed the Rs 4200 plan. Just do a recharge for Rs 4200 at any BSNL recharge shop. :) I'll be doing it next week once my current plan expires!

The 4200 plan is now updated in almost all the regional BSNL websites.

BTW, varkey and others whose current plan expires before the 29th of this month: Do a 60 day recharge for Rs.2000 now. The promotional offer ends on 29th Jan, so get an extension upto Jan using this 60 day recharge, and then at the end of Jan, do a 4200 recharge. That way, you get subsidised rates for a longer time.

logistopath said:
The 4200 plan is now updated in almost all the regional BSNL websites.

BTW, varkey and others whose current plan expires before the 29th of this month: Do a 60 day recharge for Rs.2000 now. The promotional offer ends on 29th Jan, so get an extension upto Jan using this 60 day recharge, and then at the end of Jan, do a 4200 recharge. That way, you get subsidised rates for a longer time.
Is it till the end of jan or the end of dec.? On main bsnl website they have given from 1st nov. but on the bsnl karnataka website its starting from 1st oct. :(

BSNL 3G

Supra said:
^^ By that time BSNL 3G wont give u anything more than 1 Mbps ...take my word for it :p
We will have four options by that time: airtel,docomo,aircel,bsnl and i dont think there are many bsnl 3G users in my locality :p

^^ LOL I thought the same :p....my speeds were 4-5 Mbps from Sept 20 -- Oct 10...when I tested from last week (Nov 5th onwards) its down to 2.5~3.5 Mbps and ya I saw 100s of ppl standing in queue to take the 3G data card for Rs 2000 + Rs 4200. bangalore ppl have hoardes of money to spend on internet :mad: and there are very few good options available at most places.

@ smnrock --- 2G sims are extended 3G facility but as soon as you do any 2G data recharge (Rs 98/274) speeds are capped at 256 kbps :p...awesome implementation by BSNL. If no 2G data recharge is done....you get 3G speed but capped at 1.5 ~ 2 Mbps

Supra said:
@ smnrock --- 2G sims are extended 3G facility but as soon as you do any 2G data recharge (Rs 98/274) speeds are capped at 256 kbps :p...awesome implementation by BSNL. If no 2G data recharge is done....you get 3G speed but capped at 1.5 ~ 2 Mbps
oh thats the reason i'm able to access 3G network in my 2G sim :( . Any idea from when its implemented and is it mentioned somewhere?

Finally i have decided to take BSNL 3G now. I waited for Docomo 3G plan and it is none of use. I have some noob question for those using 3G now. I already have BSNL 2G sim and today i went CC and changed sim as old was deactivated. I have enquired about 4200 recharge and it is available now.

CC representative told me that if you want sim only for Data purpose, then go for new connection with new 3G sim. Is it true?
I asked if i change new sim again with 3G sim for old number, then she told me to send me 3G activation message.
So guys which option should i choose, should i go for New number and Sim or use old 2G sim and activate 3G on it.
Is there any performance difference when using 2G sim for3G purpose and actual 3G sim?
Another question about 3G performance in Pune, how it is. Any user from pune, please share your experience.

Get a new 3G sim for Rs 59.(Tell for mobile use only)....do a First recharge of Rs 58. Enjoy unlimited 3G for 7 days. Do a recharge of rs 4200 after 7 days. The 3G sim given by BSNL is a really good quality 256KB sim with advanced security features.

Supra said:
Get a new 3G sim for Rs 59.(Tell for mobile use only)....do a First recharge of Rs 58. Enjoy unlimited 3G for 7 days. Do a recharge of rs 4200 after 7 days. The 3G sim given by BSNL is a really good quality 256KB sim with advanced security features.
Thanks supra for the suggestion. Anyone from pune, please share your experience. When i was in the BSNL office, there are around 20 people, enquiring and buying 3G data card.:mad:. It shows there is huge requirement for BSNL 3G now.

Back